- -From Mecca to “Mecca-hatten“: Islam’s holiest city then and now
- -What war on Halloween? Kirk Cameron asks evangelicals to reappropriate the event for themselves in the name of proselytism
- -Ex-Hasidic Jews and becoming un-orthodox: an interview with author Lynn Davidman
- Archaeologists discover a 300-year-old church in St. Augustine, Florida
- Indian police break up a guru’s fast.
- The Guardian publishes a philosophical critique of the new atheism.
- Do alcoholics need god? The fight over a ‘higher power’ splits AA groups in Toronto.
Thanks to the marvelous work of Nicholas Dion, you’ve seen religion in the news, but have you seen religion AND ecology in the news?
Due to the industrious work of the Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale University – which gathers emails sent out by UNEP, the United Nations Environment Program – news on religion and ecology is but a mere mouse click away (for an archival inventory of such articles visit FORE). Here are a few to whet your whistle:
- In case you haven’t heard, the Rapture begins tonight. Get your playlists ready!
- If you have some spare time tomorrow evening, be sure to attend a Rapture party.
- Turns out the same pastor who has predicted this apocalypse has done so before… and been wrong.
- According to the US government and the CDC, the apocalypse is more likely to come in zombie form.